Sansevieria or also known as the Snake Plant / Mother-in-Law's Tongue is one type of tropical plant that is spread in many countries with different names and forms. Among them are Sansevieria Trifascita, Sansevieria Liberica, Sansevieria Cylindrica, Sansevieria Stuckyi, Sansevieria Pinguicula, Sansevieria Kirkii, Sansevieria Ehrenbergii, and others. Many people grow this plant because it is easy to care for and has many benefits.
For the form of growth itself Sansevieria is divided into two types, types of short leaves (approximately 8 cm long with 3-6 cm wide) and long leaves (approximately 50-75 cm long). The shape of the leaves is thick and the edges are pointed. The colors and patterns of the leaves also vary, from dark green to light green to even gray green, with a mixture of yellow with irregular motifs.
The benefits of this plant include:
• Reducing Sick Building Syndrome or conditions where the room is unhealthy due to air due to cigarette smoke, carbon dioxide or the use of air conditioning.
• There are compounds in the leaves that can decompose toxic substances.
• Absorb radiation generated by electromagnetic waves from TVs, computers and mobile phones.
• Can be used as medicine and antiseptic.
• The leaf fiber is used as raw material for the textile industry